Wednesday, January 20, 2016

What a year

What a year of changes we have had . We thought that we had reached the point in our lives that we would settle down in one place, have part time jobs and save for vacations. Our home was very but a bit too big with lovely neighbors to watch out for us and our house  when we were gone skiing or somewhere.  

 I realized that my job sucked. I usually like being a nurse but the dynamics were not the way I wanted to spend my only real currency in this life, my time and I dreaded each day I had to go. I saw that I was working someplace that made me stressed because the house we had was nearby. We had the house to keep our stuff that we acquired in our past. It was nice stuff but really didn't give us as much as it took from us. We started going thru our stuff and if we hadn't used it in a few years, it might as well go on to a new owner. No sense in living in the past even if it was good stuff.

It reminded me of George Carlin and his "stuff" monolog. You can see it by clicking below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac

You know how the story goes. We sold our things and house so we could explore and have an adventure while we can. So far it has been so much fun meeting new people, doing  and learning new things. We can say that this little adventure has exceeded our expectations as we get ready to leave to our next stop. 2016 is looking pretty good from here.

2 comments:

  1. Here's wishing you another year filled with all of the truly important things -- adventures, friendships, and learning new things. Much better than just collecting "stuff," haha! I like what you said, that time is the only real currency we have in life. So true!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, when I purchase anything, I think about the "cost". How many hours do I have to work to pay for it?

      Delete

Cuenca, Ecuador

An Expat Destination The morning after returning to Quito we boarded an hour-long flight to Cuenca. Driving up the winding roads would have ...