Monday, May 23, 2016

Living at Paradise by the Sea RV Resort

 
Fulltime work in most hospital is three 12 hour shifts. I have found that many California nurses try to work 4 per week. They are paid very well here but the cost of living off sets that. It takes about 6 months to train an ICU nurse to be able to work on their own. After that training period, many choose to move on due to stress, demands of the shift and performance expectations. I have left for short periods to regain my sanity but been able to return after stints in other areas. We came to Oceanside because of a crisis situation giving a higher pay rate. This happens a lot in ICUs across the US. I don't really see a solution in the near future.
When we decided to live in our travel trailer while I worked my contract, we weren't sure how we would like it after having very nice furnished apartments. This place is pretty darn nice and working out just fine.
There is a little garden next to the laundry to relax and read.

A place to relax near the creek.

Showers to get off the sand upon returning from the beach


Small but cozy rv sites



Rarely, do we see anyone when we head to the pool except on the weekends. There is a big influx of people on Fridays and most leave on Sunday. They head across the street to the beach for the day.

 
Yoga every morning in the park for $10 at 9am.

I wonder what the future holds for healthcare but feel fortunate to have had a career that gave me so many opportunities. We have traveled and lived in some great places. I worked on the ski patrol as a nurse at Monarch so my children could learn to ski and was able to help a new expectant mom on the ferry as we traveled to work with the natives in Alaska and paid with pie.  I know it was a good choice I made when I was pretty darn young and am glad that Mike is so ready to try about anything I come up with.
 

 I know I am sounding sentimental as we move on from this chapter of our lives over the next few weeks. Don't get me wrong. We are more than ready for the next chapter.
 

 

2 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful thing to be choosing to move on to a new chapter in life -- and to have good memories of the life you're leaving behind. It means that you've been following your true desires all along. It sounds as though you've had a very fulfilling career. I'm sure that there will be things you will miss -- but probably not those 12-hour workdays!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been fun and we have learned so much. So many amazing people but long hours. 4 days off were the best for exploring.

    ReplyDelete

Cuenca, Ecuador

An Expat Destination The morning after returning to Quito we boarded an hour-long flight to Cuenca. Driving up the winding roads would have ...